- Roses are valued for their romantic symbolism but their blooms are also edible and have the flavors of green apples and strawberries.
- There are over 15,000 species of roses cultivated across the world.
- Barbara Streisand, Whoopi Goldberg, and Rosie O’Donnell each have a rose named for them.
- The rose family also includes pears, apples, cherries, plums, peaches, apricots, and almonds.
- In 1996, Americans purchased about 1.2 billion cut roses, which is the equivalent of 4.67 roses for every person in the nation.