I’m a part of Cee’s challenge Share Your World. These are my answers for this week.
Crunchy Peanut Butter or Smooth?
No peanut butter. I’ve never tasted it. We don’t have peanut butter in Macedonia.
Is there a job you interviewed for and didn’t get that would have totally changed your life as it is now? Please explain.
After I finished college I was interviewed for a job as compute engineer in a factory in my town. I didn’t get the job. Actually nobody got the job, I don’t know why. Meanwhile I got my current job, and the factory was closed. If I got thast job I wouldn’t get the job I’m having now, and here is very hard to get a job, we have high percentage of unemployment. So my life would be changedbut not for better.
What’s the most interesting “Ice Breaker” Question you have ever been asked? (This one is selfish, I’m always looking for more questions.)
I can’t think of anything here.
If you had the choice between an RV, a sports car, an SUV, or a bicycle, which would you choose and why?
It is SUV, because it is big, I love big cars. It is stable and we can put everything in it.
Here are my answers for this week’s Share Your World challenge by Cee.
What is most memorable about your high school years?
My physics teacher. Because of him I didn’t have troubles with physics later at college.
What was the last URL that you bookmarked?
The school year has began so now I’mall into my students. So my last URL is edmodo.com which is site for creating safe learning social networks for teachers and students.
Name one thing not many people know about you.
I have Syndactyly, my two toes, second and third are fused together.
What physical attribute do you like about yourself? Can be anywhere from beauty to heart to physical strength.
It is known that women don’t like the way they look, even the most beautiful ones. My eyes are the thing that I like the most about myself. I have beautiful green eyes. And that is all. I would like to have less weight, to be talles, to have longer hair etc…, but that was not the question here.
Greetings to all.
This week I immediately knew what to write for these questions. So here are my answers:
1. Do you believe in the afterlife? Reincarnation?
I believe in afterlife. No reincarnation.
2. For your computer Mac or Windows-based computer? Desktop, laptop or other?
I use Windows. I have windows desktop computer and linux – edubuntu laptop.
3. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
This is also introduction to my answer for the next question.I the future I want to witness “the first contact” when we meet people from another planet.
4. What are you reading fiction or non-fiction or studying and would you recommend it?
I love to read. But mostly fiction and crime books. I recently read The twilight – although it is for younger readers but I loved it. It was so easy to read. This year I read easy literature. I would recommend Agatha Cristie’s novels.
Something out of my theme.
I just read that today is World Kiss Day. I didn’t know that there is such day. So I searched some and I found these interesting facts about kissing.
1. Approximately two-thirds of people tip their head to the right when they kiss. Some scholars speculate this preference starts in the womb.b
2. French kissing involves all 34 muscles in the face. A pucker kiss involves only two
3. Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off.
4. According to one study, many men are more particular about which women they kissed than who they went to bed with, suggesting that kissing is somehow more about love than coitus is.
5. Kissing at the conclusion of a wedding ceremony can be traced to ancient Roman tradition where a kiss was used to sign contract.
So my dearest friends today kiss your loved ones.
For you is this song. Happy Kiss Day.
Each color of the flower is related to certain emotions and moods. It expresses a meaning of relationships.
- Yellow: A yellow flower is a symbol of happiness, friendship, enthusiasm, luxury, success, pride and treachery. It also represents the jealousy.
- Red: A red flower is a favorite of youth as it represents an essence of emotions such as love and passion. It is also a symbol of courage, desire, admiration, constancy and respect. A red flower is a token of youth and enthusiasm.
- Orange: You can represent your strong love, or a satisfaction of attaining the success through an orange flower. It is also a token of desire and enthusiasm. This vibrant color conveys satisfaction, confidence and passion for life.
- Green: This refreshing color represents resilience, youth, health and good fortune. The green flowers send a message of pleasure, renewal and optimism.
- White: White color itself is a symbol of peace and purity. If you ask what is the meaning of white color, you will get the answer that it is a token of purity, humility, innocence and silence. It represents the heavenly, pious and sincere feelings. The white blossoms convey an elegance and modesty.
Women prefer pastel colored roses, men on the other hand prefer red.
In 1986 Congress voted to make the rose America’s national flower.
The first recorded plant collectors were the soldiers in the army of Thothmes III, Pharaoh of Egypt, 3500 years ago. In the Temple of Karnak these soldiers are shown bringing back 300 plants as booty from Syria.
Egypt is known as the starting place of the ancient civilizations. “A water lily” has been Egypt’s national flower for about 4000 years. It can be seen anywhere on the river Nile, especially the “blue water lily”. The blue water lily has been loved by Egyptians for a long time. It was also considered the “God of the Resurrection”, so it is sometimes laid on the tomb of “Mica”. A few pieces of blue and white water lily flower picture have been found in the tomb of Rames II (ca. B.C. 13th century). Most of the Arab countries have followed Egypt’s custom of adopting a water lily as the national flower.