This looked very delicious so I had to share it.
When having friends or relatives over for a special occasion or even just for an afternoon get together, some rose petal ice cubes floating in a bowl of punch or in the cold drinks being served can add a real nice touch.
Collect some colorful and pesticide free rose petals from the rose beds. Rinse well and pat dry. Fill an ice cube try half full with water and freeze the water. Once frozen lay one rose petal on top of each cube and cover with a teaspoon of water. Place trays back in the freezer until frozen again. Once frozen again take ice cube trays out of the freezer and fill them the rest of the way up with water and place back into the freezer to freeze yet again. Remove the ice cubes from the trays when needed and add to the punch bowl or cold drinks to be served. Enjoy!
* Rose petals – these are available from specialist tea stores; if you have the time, you can also dry your own rose petals – instructions below
* Greenpowder tea
1. Dry the rose petals. If you are not buying rose petals from a tea store, make your own. You will need to be certain that the variety of rose petals you grow are sweet tasting rather than bitter. If unsure, ask your local horticultural specialists for advice.
* Pick the rose petals and make sure they are free of dew.
* Half fill the net bag and close with an elastic.
* Hang the bag in a warm, dry and dark place to dry. This will take anywhere from a few days to a week, depending on the humidity of your environment.
2. Make the tea. Once the petals have dried, you can prepare the tea. Combine equal parts rose leaves and equal parts greenpowder tea.
3. Store in an airtight, opaque container suitable for tea.
4. Make a cup of tea following the instructions for the greenpowder tea. Add honey to sweeten if desired.
Be sure to use rose petals that are free from pesticides.